Stating that Micron Technology, Inc. (NASDAQ: MU) is undervalued, even being ultra-conservative, is not “… useless.” Micron Technology, Inc. (NASDAQ: MU) has a short term price target of +$22 from 18 analysts with the lowball at $13 …. and the highest at $40. Micron has a multitude of unique products coming to market … products the competition didn’t conceptualize, didn’t create, and do not have, like: Automata, the Hybrid Memory Cube, 3d Xpoint, 3D “floating gate” NAND, and Micron is to Debut GDDR6 RAM in 2016, et cetera.
The pencil pushers and talking heads have no concept of how to account for the advantages of learning curves as Micron solves problems to create new products … and the newly learned solutions lead to MORE ideas and MORE products. The pencil pushers, and the talking heads, also should be rewarding Micron a higher multiple for its strategic partnerships and collaborations such as with Intel (INTC), IBM (IBM), and Seagate (STX).
Micron’s purchase of the rest of Inotera that it doesn’t already own looks to be another potential “bargain purchase” for Micron Tech. Micron keeps the Chinese out of DRAM and NAND competition, … AND … can free up floor space by transferring usable planar equipment to Elpida, Inotera, perhaps even Nanya, and even Intel for its’ China fab expansion. That helps everyone in on the equipment transfer as a way to BEAT margin sapping Cap-ex. The results go straight to the bottom line. Micron gets to use the CASH and freed up cleanroom floor space for its new products lines … no new fabs necessary. AGAIN, advantages the competition does NOT HAVE … and not yet reflected in Micron’s pps!
My two year price target, as Micron brings its new products to market in 2016-2017 and starts leaving the competition in the dust … is $41.27 +/- 0.23.
My complete analysis on Micron is currently a work in progress … in the mean time feel free to check out Index Support and Resistance for Monday, Tuesday, tomorrow, and Correction, pullback, or Bear Market? Part 2
It’s YOUR Money! Doing your own homework, with the fundamentals first, the databases and the spreadsheets, will make the technicals (charts) easier to interpret … then the sentiment.
$13.96 down -0.65 (-4.45 %) as of 1:34:28 PM ET 12/23/2015
52-Week Low 08/24/2015 13.50
Volume (10 day Average) 25,996,377
Volume (90 day Average) 27,012,202
Shares Outstanding 1,035,240,000
Shares Short 59,848,050
Short Interest as a % of Shares Outstanding 5.51%
Days to Cover 3.60
III. Micron Support and Resistance thru End of Year 2015
- If the related index, or stock, is above the pivot point, the pivot point is both support, and an indication that Mr. & Ms. Fickle Markets are Bullish.
- If the related Index, or stock, is below the pivot point, then the pivot point represents resistance, as well as an indication that Mr. & Ms. Fickle Markets are Bearish.
- Please Note: ALL projections are for reference only.
– – – – – – – – – – – –
( 9) For MICRON TECHNOLOGY INC (MU) (CUSIP 595112103)
- :: Pivot point 14.69
- Support (s1) 14.44 Support (s2) 14.26
- Resistance (r1) 14.87 Resistance (r2) 15.12
- Simple Moving Average (Close 50): 15.90
- :: 52 week performance -57.64% YTD performance -58.27%
- :: Pivot point 13.92
- Support (s1) 13.58 Support (s2) 13.22
- Resistance (r1) 14.28 Resistance (r2) 14.62
- Simple Moving Average (Close 50): 15.80
- :: 52 week performance -59.72% YTD performance -60.15%
- :: Pivot point 14.05
- Support (s1) 13.80 Support (s2) 13.30
- Resistance (r1) 14.55 Resistance (r2) 14.80
- Simple Moving Average (Close 50): 15.81
- :: 52 week performance -58.71% YTD performance -59.15%
- :: Pivot point 14.42
- Support (s1) 14.25 Support (s2) 14.02
- Resistance (r1) 14.65 Resistance (r2) 14.82
- Simple Moving Average (Close 50): 15.72
- :: 52 week performance -58.59% YTD performance -58.64%
- :: Pivot point 14.25
- Support (s1) 13.99 Support (s2) 13.79
- Resistance (r1) 14.45 Resistance (r2) 14.71
- Simple Moving Average (Close 50): 15.64
- :: 52 week performance -59.35% YTD performance -59.47%
- :: Pivot point 14.36
- Support (s1) 14.21 Support (s2) 14.08
- Resistance (r1) 14.49 Resistance (r2) 14.64
- Simple Moving Average (Close 50): 15.54
- :: 52 week performance -59.03% YTD performance -59.04%
- :: Projected High: 14.43, Projected Low: 14.15
- :: Pivot point 14.23
- Support (s1) 14.03 Support (s2) 13.89
- Resistance (r1) 14.37 Resistance (r2) 14.57
- Simple Moving Average (Close 50): 15.48
- :: 52 week performance -60.15% YTD performance -59.55%
- :: Projected High: 14.30, Projected Low: 13.96
—— Wednesday, 12/23/2015 thru Thursday 12/31/2015 ——-
( x) All Links can be opened in a new tab or new window …
( xi ) I will be returning and adding more related chart info including links to charts with daily, weekly, and monthly chart analysis
(b) Micron’s First Quarter 2016 Financial Call
Dec 22, 2015 2:30 PM MT
- Under the license agreements contemplated by the memorandum, in each case when Nanya exercises its option to license the 1x or 1y technology and subject to the satisfaction of certain conditions, Micron will receive an equity stake in Nanya and also royalties based on revenues from products implementing the technology—subject to an agreed cap.
- The new licenses are limited to a specific facility footprint, are subject to an overall quarterly cap on production, are not transferrable and terminate upon a change of control of Nanya.
- The new licenses do not impact the existing 20nm DRAM technology agreement between Micron and Nanya.