I strongly suggest going to the Micron Investor Relations website and listen to the Nasdaq 34th Investor Program (June 16, 2016 1:15 PM UK) Conference …
I also suggest exploring some of the Micron informational videos here:
Micron (IMHO, highly conservative) stated 3D Xpoint might take 10 percent from total DRAM … but if Intel is demonstrating SSDs (hampered by a poor choice of a slow buss) way outperforming anything the competition has … pretty sure Enterprises will want the 3D Xpoint gadgets (with a better choice of buss) … leaving the competitions’ SSD turtles for the price conscious consumers …
Note: Micron did test the “retracement” $13.02 and rallied back … closing above the “pull back” $13.27 area of concern.
The current trend is up and all orders on the long side may be considered. If already holding long positions, look to take partial profits on any retracement to 13.02. Traders with remaining long positions, after profit taking, should consider placing capital conserving stops in the region of 13.02. Be prepared for a potential short term price pull back to the 13.27 area.
If Long, exit all contracts at: 13.02
If Short, exit all contracts at: 14.89
- :: Pivot point 13.33
- Support (s1) 13.09 Support (s2) 12.77
- Resistance (r1) 13.65 Resistance (r2) 13.89
- Simple Moving Average (Close 50): $12.82 (uptrend)
- Simple Moving Average (Close 200): $12.63 (downtrend)
- 52 week High 20.10 52 week Low 9.31
- Overall, the bias in prices is: Upwards.
- Short term: Prices are stalling.
- Intermediate term: Prices are trending.
- Note (1): the MACD at 0.311 has turned bearish w/MU dropping below the indicator
- Note (2): the Relative Strength Indicator is at 51.916
- Note (3): prices are vulnerable to a correction towards 12.64.
- The upper projected target is: 14.83.
- The lower projected target is: 12.08.
- The projected closing price is: 13.45.
- MICRON Technology Inc. (MU.O) (d-w-m) (p3)
- MICRON Technology Inc. (MU.O) (d-w-m) (p2)
- MICRON TECH ORD (MU.O) for 1/14/2016
- MICRON TECHNOLOGY INC (MU)
-– Monday, 8/1/2016 thru Friday 8/5/2016 ——
- Thoughts on Brexit
- U. S. government Overseas Assassination 101
- The Cowardly Bombings in Brussels
- SPDR DJ INDUSTRIAL AVERAGE ETF (DIA) July 2016 (d-w-m)
- Index Support and Resistance for Thursday, 6/30/2016
- Index Support and Resistance for Friday, 7/1/2016
- Index Support and Resistance for Monday, 7/4/2016
- Index Support and Resistance for Tuesday, 7/5/2016
- Index Support and Resistance for Wednesday, 7/6/2016
- Index Support and Resistance for Thursday, 7/7/2016
- Correction, pullback, or Bear Market? Part 3
- Correction, pullback, or Bear Market? Part 2
- Correction, pullback, or Bear Market? Part 1
( x) All Links can be opened in a new tab or new window …
Hope the above Micron Tech (MU.O) calculations and charts for Wednesday, 8/3/2016, as well as the rest of August 2016, help your investing and trading planning today …